We love this brew pump. Like a brewer wired on coffee, let us rattle off some of our favorite features. First, the pull style relief valve that allows air to exit the pump head so the impeller won't cavitate is a genius addition. Our next favorite feature is the bad-ass, built-in flow control valve so you don't have to add additional ball-valves. While we dont manually clean our pumps very often we like the idea that we can easily do that with the clover clamp style connection. That might be particularly important if you are transferring cool wort where extra sanitation might make a difference. Equally cool is the noise, or lack thereof, when operating. It just wears on you to hear your pump grinding away all day. The RipTide pump isn't silent, but it is much quieter. And to top it all off we like the mounting base and the extra long 9' cord. 9' gets the plug connection a few feet away from where we are brewing and less likely to be exposed to water - a simple upgrade that is really nice. Oh, and we almost forgot the power switch which is always a nice feature on something electric!
All in all this is a no brainer upgrade for the difference in cost.
- Strong rare earth magnets and a curved blade impeller provide 7 GPM and up to 21 ft of lift
- Tri-Clamp head disassembles easily for cleaning
- 1/2" NPT inlet and outlet
- Motor is enclosed in a splash proof and super quiet case
- Rotatable stainless steel head
- Integrated air release vent allows you to easily prime the pump everytime without those frustrating air bubbles and cavitation
- Linear flow valve provided for excellent flow control
- Power switch on base
- 10 ft. long power cord with 120V plug
The Chugger lineup of brewing pumps represents a great value for an even better price. These pumps are workhorses in the brewery. Featuring a robust flow rate of 7 gpm, and a magnetic drive designed to handle back-pressure, these pumps are a great addition to any brewing setup! Use this to ease transfers between kettles, cool wort via a counterflow chiller, or recirculate icewater for quicker chilling!
The Chugger pump has 1/2" mpt inlet and outlet, allowing easy configuration for any application! We recommend setting these pumps up with a ball valve on the outflow side, this way you can throttle down the outgoing flow rate, allowing for more efficient sparges or cooling. The pump head can also be rotated 360° (in 90° intervals) allowing for even more customization.
- Polysulfone Head
- Food Grade up to 250° F
- 1/2" mpt inlet and outlet
- High Flow rate of 7 gpm
- Max Head 18.9 ft.
- 115v 55" cord and plug attached
- 50/60 Hz, 1.4 amp
- 1/20 HP, 3500 RPM
- Rotatable head for custom configuration